I had a dream about my dad about a month ago. It's the only time I've dreamt about him since he died- no, since I can remember. I was in REI and I rounded the corner by the fireplace, and there he was, just standing there in a buffalo plaid flannel shirt. I immediately broke down in the dream and started crying because I knew it wasn't him (probably because he wouldn't be dressed in something as trendy as buffalo plaid). I woke up crying in real life too, which is as disorienting as waking up eating your "cotton candy" pillow (which also happened to me recently). It made me really wish I had held on to his flannel shirts that he DID have. I wore them well into college.
Yesterday I had to tell a Dr, who asked non chalantly in a new patient interview if both of my parents we're still alive, that my dad wasn't.
Death is weird.
Friday, January 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment